Quantum Quest: A Cassini Space Odyssey
Alternate Title(s): Quantum Quest 3D
QUANTUM QUEST is a sci-fi action film set in a scientifically accurate rendering of our solar system in 3-D stereoscopic. Visually, the film blends computer animation with the fantastic images captured during recent NASA space explorations including the international Cassini Huygens mission. The audience is taken on a simulated solar safari, exploring the outer planets and moons of our solar system such as Titan, a moon of Saturn that has rainfall, rivers and giant lakes of natural gas.
DAVE (Chris Pine) is a photon, a being of light, who lives in Sun City, located at the core of the sun. Sun City is populated by Photons, Neutrinos and Proton citizens, all living in harmony. Dave is forced from the Sun and drawn into an epic battle between THE CORE (William Shatner), the embodiment of the Sun, and THE VOID (Mark Hamill), the embodiment of nothingness -- he is that which existed before the universe was born. Dave's quest is to save his people, the Cassini Spacecraft, and ultimately, humanity from annihilation. FEAR (Samuel L. Jackson), IGNORANCE (Tom Kenny), MORONIC (Jason Alexander), and ZERO (Doug Jones) seek to stop Dave from fulfilling his destiny. Diving into imaginary atomic worlds that are visual symphonies for the eye and the soul, the film ultimately takes us on a real (using radar data and images) 3-D Grand Canyon-like exploration of Titan, a moon of Saturn.
From inception to date, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) has cooperated with the producers of QUANTUM QUEST to ensure scientific accuracy of the physics concepts and representations, the correct engineering depictions of the Cassini spacecraft and Huygens probe, and the representation of the NASA images.
Clips & Trailers:
Quantum Quest: Trailer [Flash]
Blu-ray | DVD | VHS | Merchandise
Produced by Digimax Animation Studios and Jupiter 9 Productions. Distributed by Jupiter 9 Productions (all territories outside of Asia), Digimax Animation Inc. Director: Harry Kloor and Dan St. Pierre. Writer: Harry Kloor. Producers: Harry Kloor, Ellen Goldsmith-Vein, Jon Vein, Teddy Zee, Jeff Yang. Art Director: Dan St. Pierre. Original Music: Shawn K. Clement. Production Manager: Kristen Hudecki. Editor: Dan Gutman. Voice Cast: Chris Pine, Samuel L. Jackson, Amanda Peet, Robert Picardo, Jason Alexander, Tom Kenny, Sandra Oh, Brent Spiner, James Earl Jones, William Shatner, Mark Hamill, Doug Jones, Abigail Breslin, Spencer Breslin, Gary Graham, Janina Gavankar, Neil Armstrong.
[PDF] Quantum Quest: A Cassini Space Odyssey (Expanded Lesson: Cassini Guide)
BMZ User Reviews
Sorry, no BMZ User Reviews yet for this film.
BMZ User Comments
Sorry, no BMZ User Comments yet for this film.
- Laser Giant Dome Cinema Coming to Cleveland
- GSCA to Hold Its 2017 International Conference and Trade Show in Chicago on September 26-28
- BMZ Review: National Parks Adventure
- Earthflight Soars into Theaters in September
- TIME RAIDERS SCORES ESTIMATED $5 MILLION FOR BENCHMARK OPENING AT CHINESE BOX OFFICE IN IMAX® 3D THEATRES
Most Recent Releases
- Ben-Hur: The IMAX Experience
- Suicide Squad: The IMAX Experience
- Star Trek Beyond: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Ghostbusters: An IMAX 3D Experience
- The Legend of Tarzan: The IMAX Experience
- Independence Day Resurgence: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Aircraft Carrier: Guardians of the Sea
- Finding Dory: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Warcraft: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows An IMAX 3D Experience
Get up-to-date information on new and upcoming big movies, the latest big movie buzz, multimedia clips, and the latest Big Movie Zone features.