Quantum Quest: A Cassini Space Odyssey
Alternate Title(s): Quantum Quest 3D
QUANTUM QUEST is a sci-fi action film set in a scientifically accurate rendering of our solar system in 3-D stereoscopic. Visually, the film blends computer animation with the fantastic images captured during recent NASA space explorations including the international Cassini Huygens mission. The audience is taken on a simulated solar safari, exploring the outer planets and moons of our solar system such as Titan, a moon of Saturn that has rainfall, rivers and giant lakes of natural gas.
DAVE (Chris Pine) is a photon, a being of light, who lives in Sun City, located at the core of the sun. Sun City is populated by Photons, Neutrinos and Proton citizens, all living in harmony. Dave is forced from the Sun and drawn into an epic battle between THE CORE (William Shatner), the embodiment of the Sun, and THE VOID (Mark Hamill), the embodiment of nothingness -- he is that which existed before the universe was born. Dave's quest is to save his people, the Cassini Spacecraft, and ultimately, humanity from annihilation. FEAR (Samuel L. Jackson), IGNORANCE (Tom Kenny), MORONIC (Jason Alexander), and ZERO (Doug Jones) seek to stop Dave from fulfilling his destiny. Diving into imaginary atomic worlds that are visual symphonies for the eye and the soul, the film ultimately takes us on a real (using radar data and images) 3-D Grand Canyon-like exploration of Titan, a moon of Saturn.
From inception to date, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) has cooperated with the producers of QUANTUM QUEST to ensure scientific accuracy of the physics concepts and representations, the correct engineering depictions of the Cassini spacecraft and Huygens probe, and the representation of the NASA images.
Clips & Trailers:
Quantum Quest: Trailer [Flash]
Blu-ray | DVD | VHS | Merchandise
Produced by Digimax Animation Studios and Jupiter 9 Productions. Distributed by Jupiter 9 Productions (all territories outside of Asia), Digimax Animation Inc. Director: Harry Kloor and Dan St. Pierre. Writer: Harry Kloor. Producers: Harry Kloor, Ellen Goldsmith-Vein, Jon Vein, Teddy Zee, Jeff Yang. Art Director: Dan St. Pierre. Original Music: Shawn K. Clement. Production Manager: Kristen Hudecki. Editor: Dan Gutman. Voice Cast: Chris Pine, Samuel L. Jackson, Amanda Peet, Robert Picardo, Jason Alexander, Tom Kenny, Sandra Oh, Brent Spiner, James Earl Jones, William Shatner, Mark Hamill, Doug Jones, Abigail Breslin, Spencer Breslin, Gary Graham, Janina Gavankar, Neil Armstrong.
[PDF] Quantum Quest: A Cassini Space Odyssey (Expanded Lesson: Cassini Guide)
BMZ User Reviews
Sorry, no BMZ User Reviews yet for this film.
BMZ User Comments
Sorry, no BMZ User Comments yet for this film.
- IMAX EXPANDS INSTITUTIONAL NETWORK WITH AN IMAX® THEATRE AT SERVI MUSEOS’ NEW PAPALOTE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM IN MEXICO
- Trailer, images for Kingsman: The Secret Service
- Trailer, images for Insurgent
- Lionsgate's The Divergent Series: Insurgent To Launch Into IMAX® Theatres Domestically On March 20
- Patrick Stewart to narrate NASA's 'trek' to Mars in giant-screen 'Journey to Space'
Most Recent Releases
- American Sniper: The IMAX Experience
- Taken 3: The IMAX Experience
- Naya: Legend of the Golden Dolphin
- Gone with the Bullets: An IMAX 3D Experience
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies An IMAX 3D Experience
- Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb The IMAX Experience
- Exodus: Gods and Kings The IMAX Experience
- The Crossing: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Penguins of Madagascar: The IMAX Experience
- Big Hero 6: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Seventh Son: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Jupiter Ascending: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Humpback Whales 3D
- Kingsman: The Secret Service The IMAX Experience
- Dragon Blade: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Journey to Space
- The Divergent Series: Insurgent An IMAX 3D Experience
- Wings of Life
- Jean-Michel Cousteau's Secret Ocean
- Furious 7: The IMAX Experience
Get up-to-date information on new and upcoming big movies, the latest big movie buzz, multimedia clips, and the latest Big Movie Zone features.